Tuesday, October 18, 2011

His name is Wonderful, and It's wonderful just to be near Him

Hey everyone, its been a while since i've updated you on events, circumstances, and new challenges... so this is what's happened. LTE's (life transforming events). The major one, "The Pearl". To sum it up in a sentence: Four days of sleeping outside, scant meals, and working our bodies until we reached the point of, not just exhaustion, but emotional break-downs. It was intense and without being able to rely on the Lord to get me through the challenges, i would have given up the first night; and we were up at like 2:30 am starting our day after 3 hours of sleep. Now this seeming terrible actually had an incredible purpose and outcome. What it was meant for, was, to show us (the interns) that in tough times we only need to focus in on our Savior, and on Jesus' strength we'll get through anything. When participating in the event theres a mental milestone that you hit, the directors call it B.A.R- "Burial and Resurrection". We're putting down our flesh and allowing the Strength of Jesus to Resurrect within. And immediately scripture came to mind, the epistle Paul wrote to Corinth- "1 Corinthians 9:27 I BEAT MY BODY AND MAKE IT MY SLAVE, so that when I preach to other's I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." Basically, it's a culmination of our whole lives forced into four days. So curiously, this was a transforming experience. Next and more recent, i've been asking the Lord to strip the chains that bind me to this world from me... yeah, thats a question you don't just ask the All Mighty Creator mindlessly. Thank Him, God's also The All Loving and All Forgiving Creator. One day in prayer, I asked God to help me find comfort in Him and Him alone, and so, He asked me to give some possessions too close to my heart up (and of which, not all are permanent. just for a time to get my heart right) and thats exactly what God has been relieving me of... WOW!!!! this is the most difficult thing I've experienced! Having to let go of a very strong relationship, letting go of desires of prospects, and even my appearance. But finally giving in to allow the Lord to soften  my heart for Him, has been so rewarding. And currently i'm going through a new step in the same process. I feel Jesus speaking to my spirit, when i've stripped everything from your life, please let me comfort you so you can feel my love and so this whole process has not been in vain for your sake. it's so easy to be angry with God for taking these idols away. But in the midst of having nothing i want to find comfort in my Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment